Director of Business Development
The leading responsibility of the Director of Business Development is expanding CLEAR’s third-party management business as well as maintaining existing and new business relationships. This role collaborates with the Executive Team on company sales strategy, vision and mission in order to deliver and effectively onboard new assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospecting to build a pipeline of contacts within the multifamily market with potential third-party management clients.
- Networking with professionals involved with or connected to the owners and investors within the multifamily market.
- Implementing lead tracking software programs to record sales activity.
- Reporting on pipeline, conversion rates, weekly, and monthly performance metrics.
- Create and maintain key relationships with owners of institutional-grade multifamily real estate
- Serve as manager for client relationships, satisfaction, and the overall success of CLEAR’s 3rd party client experience.
- Travel locally, state-wide, and nationally, representing CLEAR in a business development role.
- Create and improve collateral for gaining new business.
- Attend 1 networking event per month (or as many as schedule/COVID permits)
- Oversee property takeovers, grand openings, and resident activity plans.
- Create a library of corporate marketing collateral and business development templates.
- Update monthly marketing/biz dev reports. All information documented should be accurate and detailed.
- Community takeover and transition workbooks are created and handed off to operations by the agreed deadline.
- Due Diligence – shop community comps and develop a market survey.
- Due Diligence – target audience and third-party management opportunity research.
- New vendors are set up in Vendor Depot before executing any contracts. Work with CLEAR Admin to complete this task together.
- Document CLEAR’s corporate online rating monthly.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Multifamily experience
- Must live local to Austin (or closely surrounding areas)
- Previous experience building and closing a multifamily community sales pipeline.
- Ability to work remotely with as needed travel.
- Willing to travel as needed around Texas (and nationwide if/when applicable).
- Strong financial analysis and forecasting skills, well-planned budget preparation.
- Outstanding communication skills - both oral and written.
- Possesses exceptional time-management, organizational and creative abilities.
- Strong reporting and self-discipline skills; must have a high sense of urgency, and can prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Outward-facing personality.
- Highly Proactive and growth-oriented
Reports to: President of CLEAR PM
Status: Full-Time, Hybrid, Frequent Travel Required
We have excellent benefits that include:
- Travel and Hospitality accommodations/reimbursements, as needed for business
- Partially sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary pet, life, disability, 401(k), etc.
- Leadership and skills training
- Support for a positive work/life balance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Take your Birthday off, paid!
- 18 Additional Days Paid Time Off per Year
- PTO annual accrual increases based on years of employment
- Extra Perks like holiday savings, employee life scholarships, company parties, and the opportunity to help contribute to a growing company’s future success
CLEAR PM is an equal-opportunity employer. Being a minority-owned and led company, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.