Who we are:
Want to be part of a growing company whose core value includes supporting your success and advancement in the company? CLEAR Property Management isn't a mega-institution where you'd be lost. Clear and simple, we successfully manage properties by making a CLEAR and positive difference in the lives of our residents, our staff, and owners. Since 2008, we've organically grown to become one of the most highly respected Property Management Companies in Texas.
The CLEAR brand stands for precision, dedication, and excellence. Our employees are enthusiastic, hardworking, and ambitious and tech-savvy with great interpersonal skills. They are entrusted with seeing the big picture, given the freedom to make great things happen, and empowered with the responsibility of helping direct a successful future. Our growth is in large part due to having the industry's brightest, most talented, and most driven people on our team. In return, we support our employees by empowering them & maximizing their development and career opportunities at local and regional levels. Do you think you've got what it takes to be CLEARLY better?
The Community Manager is fully accountable for all property operations. The purpose of the Community Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, activities, and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by the Regional Supervisor and Property Owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and property values. In addition, the Community Manager will train the Assistant Community Manager to assume all duties of the Community Manager in the event of the Community Manager’s absence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Fair Credit Reporting Act, OSHA and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws.
In conjunction with the Regional Supervisor, the Community Manager will assist in formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. The Community Manager is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Read and understand the financial statements and prepare variance reports.
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due and are posted in a timely manner.
- Makes sure that all bank deposits are made daily and deposits are keyed into Yardi daily.
- Performs evictions, utility cut-offs and landlord liens as required on delinquent rents.
- Provides constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Community Manager is responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to corporate office for payment.
- Personally control and safeguard petty cash fund, regularly balance the fund and submit timely reimbursement requests.
- Hires, trains, motivates, supervises, and discharges (with assistance from Regional Supervisor or Director, Human Resources and Payroll) all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned property. Follows prescribed recruitment policy in interviewing and hiring of all personnel. Handles new employee orientation, annual performance reviews, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines. Ensures that all applicable employee paperwork is received in the Human Resource Department in a timely manner.
- Conducts on-going training with staff, i.e., Fair Housing, leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Maintains confidentiality of all employee information. (All personnel files are maintained by the Human Resource Department and all employment verifications are handled by the Human Resource Department.) Community Managers may maintain copies of employee paperwork on property as long as the files are secured and locked and are only accessible by the Community Manager or Regional Supervisor. Employee leases and applicable addendums should also be secured in this manner.
- Ensures that lease files are complete, and all leases are executed properly.
- Responsible for creating weekly staff schedule, opening on schedule, condition of office and model apartments.
- Attends scheduled corporate or regional management meetings.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits reports to corporate office as required and reviews accuracy of all on-site reports prior to submission to corporate.
- Maintains positive customer service attitude and communicates with all residents, handles resident complaints or issues as they arise.
- Makes periodic inspections with residents on move-in/move-outs.
- Reviews all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Physically walks and inspects property on a regular basis; verifies condition of vacant apartments.
- Performs a night audit of the property on a quarterly basis.
- Updates board indicating vacancy status on a daily basis. Coordinates with service staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
- Monitors and schedules all service activities.
- Conducts market surveys monthly and provides trend report information.
- Shops competition and is aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Welcomes and shows property to prospective new residents. Also, handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Experience with Student Housing
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
- Reviews all rental applications and signs approval or rejection of prospects.
- Conducts safety training with all new employees immediately upon hire.
- Completes semi-annual Property Inspection and Safety Meetings and furnishes applicable reports to Human Resources.
- Ensures that all workers’ compensation claims are reported to the Human Resource Department immediately via completion of a Report of Employee Injury Form.
- Reports all liability and property incidents to Risk Manager immediately via completion of an Incident Report Form.
Depending on the size of the property and staff, some of these responsibilities may be delegated to other personnel on property. In those situations, the Community Manager is still accountable and responsible for ensuring that all delegated tasks are completed satisfactorily.
Position requires at least three (3) years of experience in on-site property management. Must have a background in supervision and a successful track record of accomplishments. Must have experience in distressed asset repositioning.
Microsoft Office Applications and Yardi or other similar programs.
Computer, telephone, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and key machine.
Minimum of 40 hours per week (typically 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday). This schedule is subject to change in accordance with market conditions. Daylight savings time, and/or request of Regional Supervisor. Must be available evenings, nights and weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree is a plus but not a requirement.
Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions, and use all on-site resident management software functions.
Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Certified Property Manager (CPM) a plus.
We have excellent benefits that include
- Monthly Commissions, Quarterly bonuses
- Health, dental, vision, pet, life, disability, 401(k)
- Leadership and skills training
- Support for a positive work/life balance
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off
- PTO annual accrual increases based off years of employment
- Extra Perks like holiday savings, employee life scholarships, company parties, and the opportunity to help contribute to a growing company’s future success
CLEAR PM is an equal opportunity employer. Being a minority-owned and led company, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.