Assistant Community Manager
MUST HAVE APARTMENT EXPERIENCE!
Who we are:
Want to be part of a growing company whose core value includes supporting your success and advancement in the company? CLEAR Property Management isn't a mega-institution where you'd be lost. Clear and simple, we successfully manage properties by making a CLEAR and positive difference in the lives of our residents, our staff, and owners. Since 2008, we've organically grown to become one of the most highly respected Property Management Companies in Texas.
The CLEAR brand stands for precision, dedication, and excellence. Our employees are enthusiastic, hardworking, and ambitious and tech-savvy with great interpersonal skills. They are entrusted with seeing the big picture, given the freedom to make great things happen, and empowered with the responsibility of helping direct a successful future. Our growth is in large part due to having the industry's brightest, most talented, and most driven people on our team. In return, we support our employees by empowering them & maximizing their development and career opportunities at local and regional levels. Do you think you've got what it takes to be CLEARLY better?
Assistant Managers work to perform collection-related tasks for all balances owed to the community and act as Community Manager in his or her absence. Additionally, Assistant Managers work to attract potential renters, present apartment homes to prospective residents, persuade them to lease, and assist with the process of leasing and moving into an apartment home within the community. Also, Assistant Managers work to ensure a positive resident experience while living in the community throughout residency and move-out. They also assist with curb appeal and organization tasks as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delinquency Notes are completed weekly and saved on the Y: drive by end of business Friday
- The community met delinquency expectations each month (0 to 1.5% of total billed income)
Late Fees/NSF Fees
- NSF Fees billed for all returned payments within 24 hours of notification from Accounting or Yardi
- Late fees billed daily to delinquent accounts as determined by the lease agreement
Deposit IQ/Collections Agency Claims
- Claims filed immediately for Skips/Evictions
- Claims filed after 30 days following a standard move out unless a payment arrangement has been secured
- Any accounts without Deposit IQ are turned over to 3rd party collection agency after 30 days following a standard move out unless a payment arrangement has been secured
- Other Income
- Budgeted/Other income expectations are met each month
- All deposit accountings are completed within 3 business days of vacancy
- 0 errors in monthly deposit accounting batches
- 3-Day NTV distributed for ALL full balances owed by the 5th of each month
- Copies of ALL 3-Day NTV saved in resident files and attached to Yardi each month
- Evictions filed or Eviction Hold-Off Agreements established by the 12th of each month
- Eviction Hold-Off Agreements terminated with payment in-full by the 20th of each month
- Evictions filed on the 21st of each month for residents who fail to meet terms of Eviction Hold-Off Agreements unless overridden by Regional Manager
- All related documents attached to the resident account in Yardi and placed in the resident file
- All accounts billed legal fees by Month End Close Out
Small Balance Notices
- Small Balance Notices distributed via email, phone, text and/or paper notice sent to doors by the 7th of each month
- All notices placed in the resident file
- All activity documented in Delinquency Notes
- Residents notified within 24 hours of management receipt of an NSF payment
- If full balance owed, a 3-Day NTV delivered
- All notices attached to the resident account in Yardi and placed in the resident file
- No more than 2 errors found in each lease file batch submitted for commissions monthly
- All charges in lease agreement match lease charges in Yardi
- All refund checks have been mailed within 30 days of vacancy
- All write offs completed following 30 days of vacancy
Month End Close Out
- Month End Close Out completed using the Month End Checklist by end of business on the 25th of each month
- Completed checklists are saved on the Y: drive by end of business on due dates
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Stay on the cutting edge of market conditions, trends and product knowledge in the community and competitive communities; ensure same knowledge in leasing staff.
- Oversee and direct efforts to maximize rental income and high occupancy through sales and marketing plans.
- Show, lease and move in prospective residents.
- Update unit availability daily to provide an accurate list of unit availability to the leasing staff.
- Adhere to the CLEAR Property Management standard operating procedures.
- Receive and collect all rent and receipts in accordance with company standards.
- Provide clerical and phone support.
- Maintain all resident files, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all paperwork and documentation.
- Maintain a calendar of scheduled move-ins, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all apartments inspected and compliant with established standards prior to move-in.
- Prepare and deliver all legal and formal notices in accordance with state law and company standards, including but not limited to late notices, change in term notices, and notices of violation of community rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve resident complaints and direct pertinent issues and matters to the Community Manager.
- Input all cash receipts to appropriate income accounts in the community management system and prepare and generate a list of deposit receipts and amounts in accordance with company standards.
- Initiate all necessary evictions by preparing copies and forwarding all appropriate paperwork for legal evictions or other legal proceedings; ensure all evictions and legal proceedings are followed through to completion.
- Ensure timely collections of all rent receipts through the preparation and distribution of delinquency reports to the Community Manager.
- Effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects and residents.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Present self in a neat, clean, and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and /or whenever present at the community.
- Other duties, as assigned.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
Skills & Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of multifamily housing, property management, and Fair Housing
- Action and results-oriented, enthusiastic
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence
- Pioneering spirit/drive
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently on occasion
- Superior sales skills
- Leadership skills and coaching ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy
- Resourceful, creative, decisive
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Knowledge of state law as it relates to the handling of Security Deposits and other resident-related fees and charges
- Good understanding of basic accounting practices
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (e.g. packages, “sparkle buckets”, office supplies, etc.)
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Applications.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- High school education or equivalent is required; a college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions, and use all on-site resident management software functions.
- Two (2) years minimum experience in residential property management or related field is required.
We have excellent benefits that include
- Monthly Commissions, Quarterly bonuses
- Health, dental, vision, pet, life, disability, 401(k)
- Leadership and skills training
- Support for a positive work/life balance
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off
- PTO annual accrual increases based off years of employment
- Extra Perks like holiday savings, employee life scholarships, company parties, and the opportunity to help contribute to a growing company’s future success
- We prefer to promote from within, so invest in our team!
CLEAR PM is an equal opportunity employer. Being a minority-owned and led company, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.